Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thoughts on Google+

Google finally took advantage of YouTube. I don't know why this is such a surprise for everyone. They have been pushing this integration for months now by constantly spamming whether or not I wanted to use my 'real name' on YouTube AKA create a Google+ account. Now that it's happened I find the collective internet people outrage justified on the terms that the change was unwarranted, but here's why I think this may turn into a good thing. 

The internet has gone through so many transition periods it's amazing. I remember when everyone was on AIM and AOL and that was just how things were. Next, we moved onto Yahoo, then Myspace. I'm pretty sure a lot of users just decided that when the collective transitioned there was no need to delete old accounts. I'm pretty sure my old yahoo account (screamokid, haha) is still active and receiving ungodly amounts of spam mail. My point is that all of these actions, all of these separate accounts, if integrated together, would cut down on bandwidth usage per user. 

I'm going to give this a shot and if it doesn't work out what do I have to lose? See you out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment